shareNice : unintrusive social sharing
Welcome to shareNice
Our goal is to provide an ethical social sharing widget. We want your users to be able to share your web pages with their friends through social networking sites without having to give any information away to money-making third parties. sharenice is written and maintained by Mischa Tuffield. An example of the shareNice button in action can be found on the top right hand corner of this page, and on http://mmt.me.uk/, www.garlik.com, and data.southampton.ac.uk.
Please submit any issues you may to shareNice's issue tracker on github.
- Allow for multiple shareNice buttons on one page (priority low)
- Write a Wordpress plugin for use on blogs
- Turn shareNice into a class (Seb)
- Make the share with twitter have a configurable #hashtag (ChrisG)
- Make the buttom work more naturally on the right-hand side of a page. For some stuff ChrisG has done where he worked out where in the page the mouse is (left or right hand half). eg. http://data.dev8d.org/2011/programme/tool.php?src=http://data.dev8d.org/2011/programme/dev8d_programme.rdf&date=2011-02-16&desc=hover (feel free to steal code under license of your choice) (ChrisG)